Here is a small list of cracking events to expect the following months, in and around the design universe.
1. In the run-up to the 14th edition, from 10th to 13th October at Crocus Expo-2, the Salone del Mobile.Milano and SaloneSatellite are returning to Moscow: a key event among the many manifestations and a vast presentation of 250-and-so manufacturers, will be The Master Classes, to be held again this year. The speakers, moderated by Olga Kosyreva, CEO and Founder of Design Lectorium, are Ferruccio Laviani (10th October), Fabio Novembre (11th October) and Mario Bellini (12th October). Following its debut last year, the Work Talk will be back given by Katerina Lashmanova, an affirmed young interior designer, who will discuss contemporary Russian design.
2. Kartell promotes the valuing of design as culture with the exhibition entitled “Play the game” at the ADAM DESIGN MUSEUM in Brussels, where KARTELL MUSEO in collaboration with the Belgian museum itself had already staged a set-up for the anniversary of its Componibili last year.
From 14th September 2018 until the 27th of January 2019, “Play the game” will offer an exhibition dedicated to objects produced by Kartell designed specifically for the world of children or in some way characterised by specific irony or a youthful spirit.
The educational itinerary for children, featuring interactive installations and a captivating graphic project, created specifically for the exhibition, is going to offer a new look at museum-based teaching, translating into an engaging experience for adults and children.
3. An interesting move in the beginning of next year: Guests of honour for “Das Haus” at IMM Cologne 2019 will be the Australian designer duo Truly Truly. With their experimental approach to design, Truly Truly aim to explore alternatives to the established functions of our living spaces and "turn The Home on its head".
4. The Last of the Mohicans,"Minas.Clarity Of Shapes": contemporary modernist jeweller Minas retrospective will be celebrated in the Benaki Museum of Decorative Arts and Crafts, since the 5th of September 2018 and for three days. The 80-yr-old legendary designer will exhibit through the iconic photos staged by Costas Coutayar, his unique creations, his legacy and contribution to the contemporary jewellery movement.
5. What the post-disaster architecture would look and feel like? The future of buildings lays in fact on the ecological aspect, on the aesthetics of the ultra-digital era or on the emotional diversions of the land's last inhabitants? We discovered the new essential publications on the matter, a pre-fall contemplation before the Arc-Hit-X-Battle, about to define the structure of our future homes and therefore our living:
Happy reading, strolling, seeing and believing 💙