...And the names of the designers are (the persons corresponding to the hands:-)))
6.Charles and Ray Eames
Congrats to those who guessed it right!-)))...
A4D-D4A declares a joyful summer design contest for its fans!
1.Check carefully the picture above, where the HANDS of 8 very important designers, makers, architects, art directors; are depicted.
2. IDENTIFY AT LEAST 3 OF THEM. (tiny bit of help: the 8 names are included in following list of designers:
Fernando and Humberto Campana
Lily Van Der Stokker
Charles and Ray Eames
Maroulina (Sophia Thanopoulou)
Charles and Ray Eames
3. LOG IN TO YOUR FCBK account! Go to A4D-D4A Facebook page and press Like! https://www.facebook.com/all4designandbloodymore
4. Post on the page the answers or send them with a message.
5. Wait until the 15th of August when the end of the competition is declared. They are 3 surprise prizes - in case of many people posting the correct answers, there will be a draw for the three lucky winners.
6. The 3 winners will be announced- and photos of their prizes on the 5th of September 2015 (the prizes will be sent out by post on the addresses or PO boxes indicated by the winners).
Monday, 27 July 2015
Friday, 17 July 2015
Picture above from: http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/03/even-old-media-institutions-are-acting-like-new-media/255088/
The summer- adventurous as it seems- continues with more events, festivals and venues concerning design and its many related disciplines...A few more things to know before heading out there, scouting and globetrotting:
1. In Birmingham City University Inspired Festival is the high point of art and design calendar –" a celebration of the creative output from the University, with a wealth of end of year shows and exhibitions and all open to the public"...A very important feature regards the School of Jewellery which celebrates its 125th anniversary in 2015 with an extensive program of events throughout the year, concluding to the oh-so-very-interesting Junk – from rubbish to gold – a performative installation project at the Atrium, School of Jewellery, Vittoria Street, Birmingham B3 3PA, on the upcoming November (from 9th to 13th). Actually a series of similar "exercises" always consisted somehow the main core of the school's curriculum throughout the years. Have a look at the web addresses bellow for further information and book your visit:
2. Summer offers the ideal opportunity for life-long learning and short courses. University of the Arts in London (UAL) and Central St Martins (one of its annexes) keep up the tradition wonderfully, by giving out the " Full Monty" of a rich program of design courses to die for. Very small room for disappointment since the list is long with EVERYTHING you can imagine, every possible subject , method, technique, theory, technology and more- design from the past to the future and beyond. The quality and the educational level of the courses exceed expectations, to say the least. Check out all details and prices, as the on-going program runs throughout summer 2015:
3. The BMAs - Best Mobile App Awards open curtains- and the on-line media designers and developers have many categories to choose from- with the Best Mobile App Design contest deadline expiring on the 29th of August 2015. If your app is chosen as an award winner, it will be published in the BMA site and also mentioned in their international press releases and newsletters. Submit your app and enter the competition on:
That's all for now?-))
Warm and sunny regards
Tuesday, 7 July 2015
Picture above from http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/60/6042/6NPB100Z/posters/old-men-talking-and-reading-the-newspaper-in-the-local-market.jpg
A small handful of things happening or about to happen- worth to note down and have a closer look:
1. Digital Design Conference DIGITIZED15 is scheduled again this year- book your tickets early for a discount! On the 25th and 26th September 2015, in Athens, under the ever-so-credible wings of the co-organizer, +Design magazine. Check more over here:
2. The International Hellenic University (IHU) organizes again this year the ‘Product Design Summer Camp 2015’- a great initiative of a specialized short course involving 40 hours of workshops, focusing on technical and theoretical aspects of contemporary industrial design and production. Closing doors on the 9th of July 2015, we hope for an exhibition with the finished creations of the participants. Feast your eyes on:
3. Arrels Foundation in Barcelona delivers an amazing idea - HOMELESSFONDS -for fundraising, through typeface design: using the handwriting of homeless people, creates typefaces under their own name, for corporate sale or personal use. Enjoy the difference- fantastic graphic design solutions from an organization helping the homeless souls of the catalan capital:
Check a 4-page article featuring with every detail Arrels work, on Shedia street mag, issue no 28- a double issue for July- August 2015- out in the streets of Athens now!!!!