A-4.The fabric is an original heavy-weight cotton, monochrome pattern , woven and printed in the 3 primary colors, at the legendary Aigaion Textiles S.A., (in greek :“AΙΓΑΙΟΝ ΚΛΩΣΤΟΥΦΑΝΤΟΥΡΓΙΑ Α.Ε”), Piraeus, Greece, around 1979-80).
B-2. In ARTE’s documentary- co-production on HUGO BOSS, Nino Cerruti, proudly talks about his first long- term collaboration with the German brand, on exporting the textiles for the famous HB suits, when the company decided to use Italian fabrics in order to go up-market in men’s fashion.
C-4. Ise Gropius, Walter Gropius’ second wife, died on the 9th of June 1983, 14 years after her husband, architect and founder of the Bauhaus school, in Weimar, Germany.**************
Hurra!!!A4D-D4A organizes a small design competition, just to say farewell to 2014!!! The winner can choose among prizes like: 1. A4D-D4A T-shirt (choice between 2 colors available) 2. A4D-D4A Mug 3. A design publication- a recent title on contemporary design (in English or Greek-again your choice, once you are shortlisted as the Winner of the Competition).
Please think well and choose the right answer to the following 3 questions:
A.Which is the design/manufacturing company of the fabric depicted above (central blog picture) ?
1.(FREDRIKA fabric), IKEA Group, Sweden
2.Textor Textiles, (bed linen) Romania
3.(UNIKKO "poppy" pattern), Marimekko, Finland
B.Who is the italian designer- textile manufacturer, who used to export men-suit fabrics to Hugo Boss AG?
C.When Ise Gropius (born Frank) died?
1.18 May 1883
2.1 March 1897
3.5 of July 1969
4.9 June 1983
Terms and Conditions:
1. Enter the competition by clicking Like at the A4D-D4A FCBK page: https://www.facebook.com/all4designandbloodymore
2. Post your message on Post to Page, together with your answers!
3. You validate your entry only if you answer correctly all 3 questions!
4. In case of many people answering correctly, there will be a draw and the super Lucky one will be contacted for his/her postal details, in order to mail him/her, his/her choice of prize.
5. Everyone is eligible to join the competition, no matter of age or country.
6. The winner will be announced on the 5th of January 2015, on the A4D-D4A FCBK page and on the http://all4design-design4all.blogspot.gr.
The clock is ticking!!!-)))
Happy Holiday- Brave New Year 2015